Epsom salt is a pure mineral compound (magnesium sulfate) in crystal form that gently exfoliates skin and smoothes rough patches. Regularly used by a growing number of models and actresses, it’s a popular natural choice for beauty enhancement.
Some of the benefits to using Epsom salt to create an at-home spa:
- Mix it with your favorite deep conditioner to add body to your hair or dissolve it in a bath to replenish the body’s magnesium levels.
- Slough away dry patches in the winter and heal dry lips.
- Brighten your skin before going in the sun, soften it afterward and get your feet ready for sandals season.
- Take a relaxing soak in Epsom salt to help relieve stress and leave you feeling revived.
Epsom salt for hair as a volumizer
- Combine equal parts warm conditioner and Epsom salt.
- Work the mixture through your hair and leave for 20 minutes.
As a facial wash
- Mix 1/2 tsp of Epsom salt into cleansing cream for deep-pore cleansing.
- Massage on skin, rinse with cool water and pat dry.
As an exfoliator
It’s the same treatment many upscale spas use, without the upscale price!
- Place Epsom salt in your hand.
- Dampen it and massage it into your skin. You can also try this with wet skin after showering.
Create a DIY Lavender Coconut Body Scrub. See video below.
How to make bath salts
- Mix two cups of Epsom salt with a few drops of your favorite fragrance to create a custom bath crystal.
- Add a few drops of food coloring or 1/2 TSP of glycerin if you like.
- Mix thoroughly and store in an air-tight container.
Relax, reduce stress
- Add two cups of Epsom salt to the water in a standard-sized bathtub.
- Soak for at least 12 minutes, three times weekly.
- For an extra treat, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil for a refreshing scent.