Epsom Salt- Fitness Uses and Benefits
Whether you suffer from muscle aches, stress or a lack of energy, top trainers and wellness gurus recommend soaking in Epsom salt baths to help improve sleep, relieve muscle pain and help you feel better.
- One of the nation’s top trainers says Epsom salt helps athletes beat the summer heat and help sore muscles. Other trainers who work with celebrities have shared similar advice to help people commit to getting in better shape.
- A wellness guru who works with Fortune 100 CEOs says the magnesium sulfate from Epsom salt can help increase energy and improve productivity.
- A fitness expert who has helped both clients and public health initiatives says nightly Epsom salt soaks can help reduce stress.
- A pain expert says using Epsom salt in a “Salt & Pepper Bath” can help release chronic pain, whether it’s physical or emotional.
- A two-time Olympian says Epsom salt baths can help people commit to healthy living.
- Several “Dancing with the Stars” contestants have turned to Epsom salt to help their aching muscles recover from the rigor of training for the show.
Recipe for soaking in an Epsom salt bath
- Add 2 cups of Epsom salt to the water in a standard-sized bathtub (double the Epsom salt for an oversized garden tub).
- Soak for at least 12 minutes.
- The Epsom salt will dissolve quicker if you put it under the running water.