Suncatcher Craft for Kids
How to Make a Suncatcher with Household Items
Summer vacation is upon us. Even if you have your kids signed up for camps, sports and learning programs, there’s bound to be a rainy day or two. Suddenly, you’ll find yourself with a full house and nothing to do.
Don’t panic – file away this fun, easy suncatcher craft that requires nothing but household items: water, Epsom salt, and a plastic lid.
- Measuring cup
- Epsom salt
- Microwaveable dish
- Clear, plastic lid
- Heat ¼ cup of water in the microwave for 30 seconds
- Add in ¼ cup of Epsom salt
- Stir until the salt crystals have dissolved
- Pour mixture onto the plastic lid (just enough to cover the bottom)
- Let sit by a window overnight
- When completely dry, cut a small hole near the edge of the plastic lid
- Tie string through the hole
- Hang in window!