Crystal Garden Craft for Kids
Summer vacation is a great time for children’s crafts, and with Epsom salt there are endless, affordable options. Whether you have a budding scientist or an artsy child, growing a crystal garden is an easy activity that will preoccupy young minds!
- Epsom salt
- Hot water
- Food coloring (optional)
- Glass cup or bowl
- Pour ½ cup of Epsom Salt into glass bowl.
- Heat ½ cup of water until nearly boiling.
- Quickly pour boiling water into glass bowl. Stir Epsom salt and water for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1-2 drops of food coloring.
- Stir it up!
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Check mixture to see if crystals have formed.
- Display your crystal garden!