Plan and Decorate for a Romantic Valentine’s Day
With Valentine’s Day approaching and budgets stretched thin, Epsom salt can be an inexpensive way to plan and decorate for a romantic evening. You can use it to help decorate a card, candles and champagne glasses or even prepare an at-home spa for your loved one.
Here are some suggestions:
- Make a Valentine’s Day card – Take a red piece of paper, draw a heart on it with glue and pour on some Epsom salt. Let it dry, gently remove excess Epsom salt and write a love note on the inside.
- Decorate a champagne glass – Spread glue on approximately 3/4 of the outside of two flute glasses, and roll them in Epsom salt. Shake off the excess salt — make sure there is no salt inside the glass — and fill them with your drink of choice.
- Add sparkle to a candle – Roll a candle or candle holder in glue and pour on some Epsom salt.
- Make an at-home spa – There are plenty of ways to use Epsom salt to help pamper your loved one. Here are two of our favorites:
- Bathtime Bliss: Add two cups of Epsom salt to the water in a standard-sized bathtub. For an extra treat, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil for a refreshing scent.
- Homemade bath crystals: Mix two cups of Epsom salt with a few drops of fragrance to create a custom bath crystal. Add a few drops of food coloring or 1/2 tsp of glycerin if you like. Store in an air-tight container.
Note: For human use, the Epsom Salt Council recommends only Epsom salt with the USP designation.
Good luck, and Happy Valentine’s Day!