Benefits of Bathing with Epsom Salt
Many athletes use Epsom salt as a natural remedy to help their bodies recover faster.
Epsom salt is made up of naturally occurring minerals magnesium and sulfate, which can help improve health in numerous ways. A lack of magnesium—which helps regulate the activity of more than 300 enzymes in the body—can contribute to high blood pressure, hyperactivity, heart problems and other health issues, doctors warn. Sulfate is essential for many biological processes. It helps to flush toxins and form proteins in joints, brain tissue and mucin proteins.
Why Epsom Salt Works
Doctors and researchers say that soaking in an Epsom salt bath is a safe, easy way to increase the body's levels of both magnesium and sulfate.
- How Epsom Salt Provides a Magnesium Boost to the Body | The Dr. Oz Show
- End Your Chronic Pain, Pt 2 | The Dr. Oz Show
- Brooke Burke-Charvet's Healthy Living Secrets
- Dr. Susan Jewell: Advice for Sunburn, Poison Ivy, Bee Stings, Other Summer Ailments
- WSJ: Is Epsom Worth Its Salt?
- DIY: 7 Valentine’s Day gifts you can make for your sweetheart
- A month-by-month guide to being a better runner | Dallas Morning News
- The docs offer advice: Nightcaps can rob you of sleep | The You Docs | Idahostatesman.com
- 50 simple ways to stay fit and healthy in 2015
- Flotation may be next trend in health and wellness