Whether you are looking for a fun craft to entertain the kids this summer or trying to bring out your inner child, this fun and easy DIY play dough recipe will do the trick. Soft to the touch, this dough uses Epsom salt, which softens hands rather than drying them out, allowing you to play all day long. Keep it plain, or customize your batch with food coloring or glitter for extra fun!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup Epsom salt
- Food coloring
- In a bowl, combine flour, Epsom salt and cream of tartar.
- Once combined, slowly stir in boiling water, oil and food coloring.
- Mix until solid.
- Add more flour, if needed, to reach your desired texture.
- Place in refrigerator to cool for 10 minutes.