Soap has been around for thousands of years. Making your own is both an easy and cost effective way to get a soap you’ll truly love. Make some for yourself with your favorite scents or use them as homemade gifts for friends and family.
Here’s the recipe for one bar of soap:
- 1/3 cup melt-and-pour clear glycerin soap
- ¼ teaspoon Essential oil
- ½ teaspoon Epsom salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Food coloring
- Soap mold
Note: For human use, the Epsom Salt Council recommends only Epsom salt with the USP designation.
- Place glycerin soap in a glass or ceramic bowl
- Heat glycerin soap in microwave for one minute or until melted
- Mix in essential oil, Epsom salt, and coconut oil with spoon
- Add in food coloring
- Pour soap into mold
- Let sit one hour or until cool
- Pop soap out of mold